Data Processing Addendum
Last Updated: April 27, 2022
This Data Processing Addendum (“DPA”) forms a part of the Customer Terms of Service found at https://theysaid.io/terms between TheySaid, Inc. (“TheySaid”) and you, the customer (“Customer”), unless Customer has entered into a superseding written master subscription agreement with TheySaid, in which case, it forms a part of such written agreement (in either case, the “Agreement”).
Customer enters into this DPA on behalf of itself and, to the extent required under applicable Data Protection Laws, in the name and on behalf of its Controller Affiliates (defined below). For the purposes of this DPA only, and except where indicated otherwise, the term “Customer” shall include Customer and Controller Affiliates. All capitalized terms not defined herein shall have the meaning set forth in the Agreement.
In the course of providing the Services under the Agreement, TheySaid may Process certain Personal Data (such terms defined below) on behalf of Customer and where TheySaid Processes such Personal Data on behalf of Customer the parties agree to comply with the terms and conditions in this DPA in connection with such Personal Data.
- (a) “Affiliate” means any entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the subject entity. “Control,” for purposes of this definition, means direct or indirect ownership or control of more than 50% of the voting interests of the subject entity.
- (b) “Controller” means the entity which determines the purposes and means of the Processing of Personal Data.
- (c) “Controller Affiliate” means any of Customer's Affiliate(s) (a) (i) that are subject to applicable Data Protection Laws of the European Union, the European Economic Area and/or their member states, Switzerland and/or the United Kingdom, and (ii) permitted to use the Services pursuant to the Agreement between Customer and TheySaid, but have not signed their own Order Form and are not a “Customer” as defined under the Agreement, (b) if and to the extent TheySaid processes Personal Data for which such Affiliate(s) qualify as the Controller.
- (d) “Customer Data” means any content or information submitted by Customer to the Services, such as messages or files.
- (e) “Data Protection Laws” means all laws and regulations, including laws and binding regulations of the European Union, the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and their member states, Switzerland and the United Kingdom, applicable to the Processing of Personal Data under the Agreement.
- “Data Subject” means the identified or identifiable person to whom Personal Data relates.
- “Europe” means the European Union, the EEA, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
- “GDPR” means the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
- “Personal Data” means any Customer Data that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person, to the extent that such information is protected as personal data under applicable Data Protection Laws.
- “Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed upon Personal Data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- “Processor” means the entity which Processes Personal Data on behalf of the Controller.
- “Public Authority” means a government agency or law enforcement authority, including judicial authorities.
- “TheySaid” means TheySaid, Inc., a company incorporated in Delaware.
- “TheySaid Group” means TheySaid and its Affiliates engaged in the Processing of Personal Data.
- “Standard Contractual Clauses” means Standard Contractual Clauses for the transfer of Personal Data to third countries set out in Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2021/914 of 4 June 2021 on standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data to third countries pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, as currently set out at http://data.europa.eu/eli/dec_impl/2021/914/oj
- “Sub-processor” means any entity engaged by TheySaid or a member of the TheySaid Group to Process Personal Data in connection with the Services.
2. Processing of Personal Data
- Roles of the Parties. The parties acknowledge and agree that with regard to the Processing of Personal Data, Customer is a Controller or a Processor, TheySaid is a Processor and that TheySaid or members of the TheySaid Group will engage Sub-processors pursuant to the requirements set forth in section 4 “Sub-processors” below.
- Customer’s Processing of Personal Data Customer shall, in its use of the Services and provision of instructions, Process Personal Data in accordance with the requirements of applicable Data Protection Law (including where the Customer is a Processor, by ensuring that the ultimate Controller does so). Customer shall have sole responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and legality of Personal Data and the means by which Customer acquired Personal Data.
- Processing of Personal Data. As Customer’s Processor, TheySaid shall only Process Personal Data for the following purposes: (i) Processing in accordance with the Agreement and applicable Order Form(s); (ii) Processing initiated by Authorized Users in their use of the Services; and (iii) Processing to comply with other reasonable instructions provided by Customer (e.g., via email or support tickets) that are consistent with the terms of Page 3 of 14THEYSAID DPA the Agreement (individually and collectively, the “Purpose”). TheySaid acts on behalf of and on the instructions of Customer in carrying out the Purpose.
- Details of the Processing. The subject-matter of Processing of Personal Data by TheySaid is as described in the Purpose in Section 2.3. The duration of the Processing, the nature and purpose of the Processing, the types of Personal Data and categories of Data Subjects Processed under this DPA are further specified in Schedule 2 (Description of Processing/Transfer) to this DPA.
3. Rights of Data Subjects
- Data Subject Requests. TheySaid shall, to the extent legally permitted, promptly notify Customer of any complaint, dispute or request it has received from a Data Subject under applicable Data Protection Law in relation to Personal Data, such as a Data Subject’s right of access, right to rectification, restriction of Processing, erasure (“right to be forgotten”), data portability, objection to the Processing, or its right not be subject to an automated individual decision making (each, a “Data Subject Request”). TheySaid shall not respond to a Data Subject Request itself, except that the Customer authorizes TheySaid to redirect the Data Subject Request as necessary to allow Customer to respond directly. Taking into account the nature of the Processing, TheySaid shall assist Customer by appropriate technical and organizational measures, insofar as this is possible, for the fulfilment of Customer’s obligation to respond to a Data Subject Request as required by applicable Data Protection Laws. In addition, to the extent Customer, in its use of the Services, does not have the ability to address a Data Subject Request, TheySaid shall, upon Customer’s request, provide commercially reasonable efforts to assist Customer in responding to such Data Subject Request, to the extent TheySaid is legally permitted to do so and the response to such Data Subject Request is required under applicable Data Protection Laws. To the extent legally permitted, Customer shall be responsible for any costs arising from TheySaid’s provision of such assistance, including any fees associated with provision of additional functionality.
- Appointment of Sub-processors. Customer acknowledges and agrees that (a) TheySaid’s Affiliates may be retained as Sub-processors through written agreement with TheySaid and (b) TheySaid and TheySaid’s Affiliates respectively may engage third-party Sub-processors in connection with the provision of the Services. As a condition to permitting a third-party Sub-processor to Process Personal Data, TheySaid or a TheySaid Affiliate will enter into a written agreement with each Sub-processor containing in substance data protection obligations that provide at least the same level of protection for Personal Data as those in this DPA, to the extent applicable to the nature of the Services provided by such Sub-processor. In the event Customer enters into the Standard Contractual Clauses, then Customer hereby grants TheySaid a general written authorization to appoint Sub-processors in accordance with clause 9 of the Standard Contractual Clauses and this section.
- List of Current Sub-processors and Notification of New Sub-processors. The current list of Sub-processors engaged in Processing Personal Data for the performance of the Services, including a description of their processing activities and countries of location has been provided in Annex A attached hereto. Customer hereby consents to TheySaid’s use of Sub-processors, their locations and processing activities as it pertains to their Personal Data. Customer may receive notifications of new Sub-processors by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Subprocessor List”, and TheySaid shall provide the subscriber with a list of current Subprocessors, along with future notification of new Sub-processor(s) before authorizing such new Sub-processor(s) to Process Personal Data in connection with the provision of the applicable Services.
- Objection Right for New Sub-processors. Customer may reasonably object to TheySaid’s use of a new Sub-processor by notifying TheySaid promptly in writing within ten (10) business days after receipt of TheySaid’s notice. Such notice shall explain the reasonable grounds for the objection. If Customer objects to a new Sub-processor, as permitted in the preceding sentence, TheySaid will use commercially reasonable efforts to make available to Customer a change in the Services or recommend a commercially reasonable change to Customer’s configuration or use of the Services to avoid Processing of Personal Data by the objected-to new Sub-processor without unreasonably burdening Customer.
- Liability. TheySaid shall be liable for the acts and omissions of its Sub-processors to the same extent TheySaid would be liable if performing the Services of each Sub-processor directly under the terms of this DPA.
- Data Protection Impact Assessment. Upon Customer’s request, TheySaid shall provide Customer with reasonable cooperation and assistance needed to fulfil Customer’s obligation under Data Protection Laws to carry out a data protection impact assessment related to Customer’s use of the Services, to the extent Customer does not otherwise have access to the relevant information, and to the extent such information is available to TheySaid.
6. Personal Data incident management and notification
7. Government access request
- TheySaid requirements. In its role as a Processor, TheySaid shall maintain appropriate measures to protect Personal Data in accordance with the requirements of Data Protection Laws, including by implementing appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect Personal Data against any interference that goes beyond what is necessary in a democratic society to safeguard national security, defense and public security. If TheySaid receives a legally binding request to access Personal Data from a Public Authority, TheySaid shall, unless otherwise legally prohibited, promptly notify Customer including a summary of the nature of the request. To the extent TheySaid is prohibited by law from providing such notification, TheySaid shall as appropriate use commercially reasonable efforts to obtain a waiver of the prohibition to enable TheySaid to communicate as much information as possible, as soon as possible. Further, TheySaid shall challenge the request if, after careful assessment, it considers that the request is unlawful. As reasonable and appropriate TheySaid shall pursue possibilities of appeal. When challenging a request, TheySaid shall seek interim measures with a view to suspending the effects of the request until the competent judicial authority has decided on its merits. It shall not disclose the Personal Data requested until required to do so under the applicable procedural rules. TheySaid agrees it will provide the minimum amount of information permissible when responding to a request for disclosure, based on a reasonable interpretation of the request. TheySaid shall promptly notify Customer if TheySaid becomes aware of any direct access by a Public Authority to Personal Data and provide information available to TheySaid in this respect, to the extent permitted by law. For the avoidance of doubt, this DPA shall not require TheySaid to pursue actions or inactions that could result in civil or criminal penalty for TheySaid such as contempt of court.
- Sub-processors requirements. TheySaid shall ensure that Sub-processors involved in the Processing of Personal data are subject to the relevant commitments regarding Government Access Requests in the Standard Contractual Clauses.
8. Return and deletion of Personal Data
9. Controller Affiliates
- Contractual Relationship. The parties acknowledge and agree that, by executing the DPA, Customer enters into the DPA on behalf of itself and, as applicable, in the name and on behalf of its Controller Affiliates, thereby establishing a separate DPA between TheySaid and each such Controller Affiliate and subject to the provisions of the Agreement. Each Controller Affiliate agrees to be bound by the obligations under this DPA and, to the extent applicable, the Agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, a Controller Affiliate is not and does not become a party to the Agreement, and is a party only to the DPA. All access to and use of the Services by Controller Affiliates must comply with the terms and conditions of the Agreement and any violation of the terms and conditions of the Agreement by a Controller Affiliate shall be deemed a violation by Customer.
- Communication. The Customer that is the contracting party to the Agreement shall remain responsible for coordinating all communication with TheySaid under this DPA and be entitled to make and receive any communication in relation to this DPA on behalf of its Controller Affiliates.
- Rights of Controller Affiliates. If a Controller Affiliate becomes a party to the DPA with TheySaid, it shall, to the extent required under applicable Data Protection Laws, also be entitled to exercise the rights and seek remedies under this DPA, subject to the following:
Except where applicable Data Protection Laws require the Controller Affiliate to exercise a right or seek any remedy under this DPA against TheySaid directly by itself, the parties agree that (i) solely the Customer that is the contracting party to the Agreement shall exercise any such right or seek any such remedy on behalf of the Controller Affiliate, and (ii) the Customer that is the contracting party to the Agreement shall exercise any such rights under this DPA not separately for each Controller Affiliate individually but in a combined manner for all of its Controller Affiliates together.
10. Limitation of liability
Each party’s and all of its Affiliates’ liability, taken together in the aggregate, arising out of or related to this DPA, and all DPAs between Controller Affiliates and TheySaid, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of liability, is subject to the ‘Limitation of Liability and Waiver of Consequential Damages’ section of the Agreement, and any reference in such section to the liability of a party means the aggregate liability of that party and all of its Affiliates under the Agreement and all DPAs together.For the avoidance of doubt, TheySaid’s and its Affiliates’ total liability for all claims from the Customer and all of its Controller Affiliates arising out of or related to the Agreement and each DPA shall apply in the aggregate for all claims under both the Agreement and all DPAs established under the Agreement, including by Customer and all Controller Affiliates, and, in particular, shall not be understood to apply individually and severally to Customer and/or to any Controller Affiliate that is a contractual party to any such DPA.
11. European specific provisions
- Definitions. For the purposes of this section and Schedule 1 these terms shall be defined as follows:
“EU C-to-P Transfer Clauses” means Standard Contractual Clauses sections I, II, III and IV (as applicable) to the extent they reference Module Two (Controller-to-Processor).
“EU P-to-P Transfer Clauses” means Standard Contractual Clauses sections I, II III and IV (as applicable) to the extent they reference Module Three (Processor-to-Processor).
- GDPR. TheySaid will Process Personal Data in accordance with the GDPR requirements directly applicable to TheySaid’s provisioning of the Services.
- Customer Instructions. TheySaid shall inform Customer immediately (i) if, in its opinion, an instruction from Customer constitutes a breach of the GDPR and/or (ii) if TheySaid is unable to follow Customer’s instructions for the Processing of Personal Data.
- Transfer Mechanisms. If, in the performance of the Services, Personal Data that is subject to the GDPR or any other law relating to the protection or privacy of individuals that apply in Europe is transferred out of Europe to countries which do not ensure an adequate level of data protection within the meaning of the Data Protection Laws of Europe, the transfer mechanisms listed below shall apply to such transfers and can be directly enforced by the parties to the extent such transfers are subject to the Data Protection Laws of Europe:
- The EU C-to-P Transfer Clauses. Where Customer and/or its Controller Affiliate is a Controller and a data exporter of Personal Data and TheySaid, Inc. is a Processor and data importer in respect of that Personal Data, then the parties shall comply with the EU C-to-P Transfer Clauses, subject to the additional terms in section 1 of Schedule 1; and/or
- The EU P-to-P Transfer Clauses. Where Customer and/or its Controller Affiliate is a Processor acting on behalf of a Controller and a data exporter of Personal Data and TheySaid, Inc. is a Processor and data importer in respect of that Personal Data, the parties shall comply with the terms of the EU P-to-P Transfer Clauses, subject to the additional terms in sections 1 and 2 of Schedule 1.
- Impact of local laws. As of the “Last Updated Date” stated above, TheySaid has no reason to believe that the laws and practices in any third country of destination applicable to its Processing of the Personal Data, including any requirements to disclose personal data or measures authorising access by a Public Authority, prevent TheySaid from fulfilling its obligations under this DPA. If TheySaid reasonably believes that any existing or future enacted or enforceable laws and practices in the third country of destination applicable to its Processing of the Personal Data (“Local Laws”) prevent it from fulfilling its obligations under this DPA, it shall promptly notify Customer. In such a case, TheySaid shall use reasonable efforts to make available to the affected Customer a change in the Services or recommend a commercially reasonable change to Customer’s configuration or use of the Services to facilitate compliance with the Local Laws without unreasonably burdening Customer. If TheySaid is unable to make available such change within a reasonable period of time, either party may without penalty, terminate the applicable Order Form(s) with respect only to those Services which cannot be provided by TheySaid in accordance with the Local Laws, by providing written notice to TheySaid. TheySaid will refund Customer any prepaid fees covering the remainder of the term of such Order Form(s) following the effective date of termination with respect to such terminated Services, without imposing a penalty for such termination on Customer.
12. List of Schedules
- Annex A: List of Subprocessors
- Schedule 1:Transfer Mechanism for European Data Transfers
- Schedule 2: Description of Processing/Transfer
1. United States Subprocessors
- Google (Infrastructure, Storage)
- RedisLabs (Data Caching)
- Hubspot (Customer Relationship Management)
- Slack (Internal communication)
- Gong.io (Analytics)
- Zendesk (Support)
2. Other Countries
Schedule 1: Transfer Mechanism for European Data Transfers
1. Standard contractual clauses operative provisions and additional terms
For the purposes of the EU C-to-P Transfer Clauses and the EU P-to-P Transfer Clauses, Customer is the data exporter and TheySaid, Inc. is the data importer and the parties agree to the following. If and to the extent a Controller Affiliate relies on the EU C-to-P Transfer Clauses or the EU P-to-P Transfer Clauses for the transfer of Personal Data, any references to ‘Customer’ in this Schedule include such Controller Affiliate. Where this section 1 does not explicitly mention EU C-to-P Transfer Clauses or EU P-to-P Transfer Clauses it applies to both of them.
- Reference to the Standard Contractual Clauses. The relevant provisions contained in the Standard Contractual Clauses are incorporated by reference and are an integral part of this DPA. The information required for the purpose of the Appendix to the Standard Contractual Clauses is set out in Schedule 2.
- Docking clause. This option under clause 7 shall not apply.
- Instructions. This DPA and the Agreement are Customer’s complete and final instructions at the time of execution of the DPA for the Processing of Personal Data. Any additional or alternate instructions must be consistent with the terms of this DPA and the Agreement. For the purposes of Clause 8.1(a), the instructions by Customer to process Personal Data are set out in section 2.3 of the DPA and include onward transfers to a third party located outside Europe for the purpose of the performance of the Services.
- General authorisation for use of Sub-processors. Option 2 under clause 9 shall apply. For the purposes of clause 9(a), TheySaid has Customer’s general authorisation to engage Sub-processors in accordance with section 4 of the DPA. TheySaid shall make available to Customer the current list of Sub-processors upon written request. Where TheySaid enters into the EU P-to-P Transfer Clauses with a Sub-processor in connection with the provision of the Services, Customer hereby grants TheySaid and TheySaid’s Affiliates authority to provide a general authorisation on Controller's behalf for the engagement of sub-processors by Sub-processors engaged in the provision of the Services, as well as decision making and approval authority for the addition or replacement of any such sub-processors.
- Notification of New Sub-processors and Objection Right for new Sub-processors. Pursuant to clause 9(a), Customer acknowledges and expressly agrees that TheySaid may engage new Sub-processors as described the DPA. TheySaid shall inform Customer of any changes to Sub-processors following the procedure provided in the DPA.
- Audits of the Standard Contractual Clauses. The parties agree that the audits described in clause 8.9 of the Standard Contractual Clauses shall be carried out in accordance with the DPA.
- Complaints - Redress. For the purposes of clause 11, and subject to section 3 of the DPA, TheySaid shall inform Data Subjects on its website of a contact point authorised to handle complaints. TheySaid shall inform Customer if it receives a complaint by, or a dispute from, a Data Subject with respect to Personal Data and shall without undue delay communicate the complaint or dispute to Customer. TheySaid shall not otherwise have any obligation to handle the request (unless otherwise agreed with Customer). The option under clause 11 shall not apply.
- Liability. TheySaid's liability under clause 12(b) shall be limited to any damage caused by its Processing where TheySaid has not complied with its obligations under the GDPR specifically directed to Processors, or where it has acted outside of or contrary to lawful instructions of Customer, as specified in Article 82 GDPR.
- Certification of Deletion. The parties agree that the certification of deletion of Personal Data that is described in clause 8.5 and 16(d)of the Standard Contractual Clauses shall be provided by TheySaid to Customer only upon Customer’s written request.
- Supervision. Clause 13 shall apply as follows:
i. Where Customer is established in an EU Member State, the supervisory authority with responsibility for ensuring compliance by Customer with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 as regards the data transfer shall act as competent supervisory authority.
ii. Where Customer is not established in an EU Member State, but falls within the territorial scope of application of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 in accordance with its Article 3(2) and has appointed a representative pursuant to Article 27(1) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the supervisory authority of the Member State in which the representative within the meaning of Article 27(1) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 is established shall act as competent supervisory authority.
iii. Where Customer is not established in an EU Member State, but falls within the territorial scope of application of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 in accordance with its Article 3(2) without however having to appoint a representative pursuant to Article 27(2) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the Irish Data Protection Commission shall act as competent supervisory authority.
iv. Where Customer is established in the United Kingdom, the Information Commissioner's Office shall act as competent supervisory authority.
(l) Notification of Government Access Requests. For the purposes of clause 15(1)(a), TheySaid shall notify Customer only and not the Data Subject(s) in case of government access requests. Customer shall be solely responsible for promptly notifying the Data Subject as necessary.
(m) Appendix. The Appendix shall be completed as follows:
• The contents of section 1 of Schedule 2 shall form Annex I.A to the Standard Contractual Clauses;
• The contents of sections 2 to 9 of Schedule 2 shall form Annex I.B to the Standard Contractual Clauses;
• The contents of section 10 of Schedule 2 shall form Annex I.C to the Standard Contractual Clauses;
• The contents of section 11 of Schedule 2 shall form Annex II to the Standard Contractual Clauses.
(n) Data Exports from the United Kingdom under the Standard Contractual Clauses. In case of any transfers of Personal Data from the United Kingdom, (i) general and specific references in the Standard Contractual Clauses to GDPR or EU or Member State Law shall have the same meaning as the equivalent reference in the Data Protection Laws of the United Kingdom (“UK Data Protection Laws”); and (ii) any other obligation in the Standard Contractual Clauses determined by the Member State in which the data exporter or Data Subject is established shall refer to an obligation under UK Data Protection Laws.
(0) Conflict. The Standard Contractual Clauses are subject to this DPA and the additional safeguards set out hereunder. The rights and obligations afforded by the Standard Contractual Clauses will be exercised in accordance with this DPA, unless stated otherwise. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between the body of the DPA and the Standard Contractual Clauses, the Standard Contractual Clauses shall prevail.
2. Additional terms for the P-to-P transfer clauses
For the purposes of the EU P-to-P Transfer Clauses (only), the parties agree the following.
(a) Instructions and notifications. For the purposes of clause 8.1(a), Customer hereby informs TheySaid that it acts as Processor under the instructions of the relevant Controller in respect of Personal Data. Customer warrants that its Processing instructions as set out in the Agreement and the DPA, including its authorizations to TheySaid for the appointment of Sub-processors in accordance with the DPA, have been authorized by the relevant Controller. Customer shall be solely responsible for forwarding any notifications received by TheySaid to the relevant Controller where appropriate.
(b) Security of Processing. For the purposes of clause 8.6(c) and (d), TheySaid shall provide notification of a personal data breach concerning Personal Data Processed by TheySaid to Customer.
(c) Documentation and Compliance. For the purposes of clause 8.9, all enquiries from the relevant Controller shall be provided to TheySaid by Customer. If TheySaid receives an enquiry directly from a Controller, it shall forward the enquiry to Customer and Customer shall be solely responsible for responding to any such enquiry from the relevant Controller where appropriate.
(d) Data Subject Rights. For the purposes of clause 10 and subject to section 3 of the DPA, TheySaid shall notify Customer about any request it has received directly from a Data Subject without obligation to handle it (unless otherwise agreed), but shall not notify the relevant Controller. Customer shall be solely responsible for cooperating with the relevant Controller in fulfilling the relevant obligations to respond to any such request.
Schedule 2: Description of processing/transfer
1. List of parties
Data exporter(s): Identity and contact details of the data exporter(s) and, where applicable, of its/their data protection officer and/or representative in the European Union
Name: Customer and its Controller Affiliates as defined in the DPA
Role: For the purposes of the EU C-to-P Transfer Clauses, Customer and/or its Controller Affiliate is a Controller. For the purposes of the EU P-to-P Transfer Clauses Customer and/or its Controller Affiliate is a Processor.
Data importer(s): Identity and contact details of the data importer(s), including any contact person with responsibility for data protection
Name: TheySaid, Inc.
Address: 4115 S Gary Rd, Salt Lake City, Utah, 84124, USA
Contact person’s name, position and contact details: Hari Rajagopalan, CTO. email@example.com
Activities relevant to the data transferred under these clauses: Performance of the Services pursuant to the Agreement.
2. Categories of data subjects whose personal data is transferred
• employees of Customer;
• consultants of Customer;
• contractors of Customer;
• agents of Customer; and/or
• third parties with which Customer conducts business.
3. Categories of personal data transferred
The personal data transferred concern the following categories of data:
Any personal data comprised in the content or information submitted by Customer to the Services, such as messages or files (“Customer Data”).
4. Special categories of data
Customer may submit personal data to TheySaid through the Services, the extent of which is determined and controlled by Customer in compliance with applicable Data Protection Law and which may concern the following special categories of data, if any:
• racial or ethnic origin;
• political opinions;
• religious or philosophical beliefs;
• trade-union membership;
• genetic or biometric data;
• health; and
• sex life.
5. Frequency of the transfer
The frequency of the transfer (e.g. whether the data is transferred on a one-off or continuous basis):
Continuous basis depending on the use of the Services by Customer.
6. Nature of the processing
The nature of the processing is the performance of the Services pursuant to the Agreement.
7. Purpose of the processing, the data transfer and further processing
TheySaid will Process Personal Data as necessary to perform the Services pursuant to the Agreement and as further instructed by Customer in its use of the Services.
8. Duration of processing
The period for which the personal data will be retained, or, if that is not possible, the criteria used to determine that period:
Subject to Section 8 of the DPA, TheySaid will Process Personal Data for the duration of the Agreement, unless otherwise agreed upon in writing.
9. Sub-processor transfers
For transfers to (sub-) processors, also specify subject matter, nature and duration of the processing:
As per 7 above, the Sub-processor will Process Personal Data as necessary to perform the Services pursuant to the Agreement. Subject to section 8 of the DPA, the Sub-processor will Process Personal Data for the duration of the Agreement, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
Identities of the Sub-processors used for the provision of the Services and their country of location are listed under the Sub-processor Lists accessible via http://www.theysaid.io/TheySaid-subprocessors
10. Competent supervisory authority
Identify the competent supervisory authority/ies in accordance with clause 13:
- Where the data exporter is established in an EU Member State: The supervisory authority with responsibility for ensuring compliance by the data exporter with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 as regards the data transfer shall act as competent supervisory authority.
- Where the data exporter is not established in an EU Member State, but falls within the territorial scope of application of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 in accordance with its Article 3(2) and has appointed a representative pursuant to Article 27(1) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679: The supervisory authority of the Member State in which the representative within the meaning of Article 27(1) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 is established shall act as the competent supervisory authority.
- Where the data exporter is not established in an EU Member State, but falls within the territorial scope of application of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 in accordance with its Article 3(2) without however having to appoint a representative pursuant to Article 27(2) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679: the Irish Data Protection Commission shall act as the competent supervisory authority.
- Where the data exporter is established in the United Kingdom, the Information Commissioner's Office Shall Act as the competent supervisory authority.
11. Technical and organisational measures